As we all go through this journey we call life, it is natural to feel stuck or lost from time to time. It’s important that in these moments we push through and continue on our journey.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for what to do when feeling stuck in life, but there are some thoughts that can help. If you’re feeling stuck in life and don’t know where to go from here, take a look below for some ideas that can help.
Five things to do when feeling stuck in life
- Make a change — When you catch yourself feeling stuck in life, it’s often because you need to make a change. You might have a job you don’t like, or maybe you’re in a relationship you’ve been feeling ready to end, or perhaps you feel like you don’t have any fun hobbies.
Examine your life for what you feel like needs to change, and look for ways to make these changes happen.
- Make progress — We often feel stuck when trying to reach a goal but feel like we’re not making any progress. In these circumstances, you need to be more gentle on yourself and lower the bar. You cannot reach every goal overnight. Making even a tiny bit of progress is still progress. Try to focus on enjoying the journey of the progress you do make rather than focusing on the progress you have yet to make.
- Let go of certainties — If you’re feeling stuck, it might be because you don’t know what you plan on doing next in life. Maybe you simply need to let go of trying to have it all figured out. Focus more on living in the moment or trying new things to move forward rather than trying to outline your life and meet milestones.
- Remove toxicity — You might be in a good place in life, but if you are surrounded by negative people, they can bring you down. You need to start reducing your time with negative, toxic people and surround yourself with positive people instead.
- Quit overthinking everything — It’s important to learn how to relax and forget trying to control everything or do everything perfectly. Stop overthinking, worrying, and obsessing, and let life happen as it happens.
Listen to Unfiltered Radio to discover what it’s like to try to be an authentic follower of Jesus in the modern world
At Unfiltered Radio, we’re all about exploring what it means to authentically follow Jesus and wrestle with the hard questions in life. Check out our podcast to listen to daily episodes about personal growth, spiritual growth and talking about hard questions about God.