Jesus. You hear His name on TV or in the news a lot. And, most of the time, what you hear isn’t that great. The truth is that, while you’d like to believe in Jesus, you’re just not sure because of all the negative press He seems to get.
More than likely, you’ve heard that Jesus said some pretty sketchy things such as “if your hand sins against you, cut it off.” Well, that’s a really freaking scary thought that Jesus, who is supposed to be all-loving, would ask you to cut off your own arm. And, to be honest, that’s something you will find in the Bible. But, here’s the thing, some of the Jesus quotes you hear, need some context because Jesus – at his core – is truly about love. So, if those Jesus quotes you overheard on TV sound like something you’re not sure Jesus would have actually said, dig deeper and check it out for yourself. The best thing any of us can do is continually learn and not take something at face value. Truthfully, Jesus wants you to ask questions because it’s in those answers that you’re able to learn more about who the real Jesus is.
Here’s some great Jesus quotes to help you make it through the day and, hopefully, encourage you:
- Love your neighbor. (Mark 12:30-31)
- Let all that you do be done with love. (I Cor. 16:13)
- With God, nothing is impossible. (Luke 1:37)
- Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? (Luke 12:25)
- You don’t understand what I am doing, but someday you will. (John 13:7)
- Her sins, which are many, are forgiven. (Luke 7:47)
- You are set free. (Galatians 5:1)
- Be still and know that I am with you. (Psalm 46:10)
- Love never gives up. (1 Corinthians 13)
- Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34)
- Forgive 70 times seven. (Matthew 18:22)
- Love them anyway. (Luke 23:34)
- You are loved more than you will ever know by someone who died to know you. (Romans 5:5)
- But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? (I John 3:17)
- The pain you are feeling today, cannot compare to the joy that’s coming. (Romans 8:18)
- Love each other, as I have loved you. (John 15:12)
- You are God’s masterpiece. (Ephesians 2:18)
- Above all, love each other deeply, for love covers a multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8)
Jesus said some pretty amazing things. And, the Bible is the best place to find all those Jesus quotes. Don’t let what you’ve heard second hand impact your opinion of Jesus. Check out those Jesus quotes for yourself.